Private Study Information
Cascade School of Music offers the opportunity for private music study with our faculty members with lesson lengths of 30, 45, or 60 minutes. The relationship between student and faculty member is a special one. At Cascade School of Music, we work hard to make the right pairing from day one.
Private study is available on piano, guitar, ukulele, electric & upright bass, voice, violin, viola, cello, saxophone, clarinet, flute, drums, percussion, and harp.
For our young musicians, our beginning ages are listed below.
- Private study for piano, guitar, ukulele, violin begin at age 7.
- Private study for drums and voice begins at age 8.
- Private study for woodwinds begins at age 9.
On occassion, we can begin students on their instrument earlier than the recommend age. The exception is made on a case-by-case basis and requires faculty approval.
How to Register
- Students may enroll in private study at any time throughout the year.
- Current students may contact the school at 541-382-6866. Students must re-register each term.
- New students may complete the online inquiry form. Providing detailed information assists with the placement process.
Depending upon the student's goals and faculty member preferences, students may choose weekly lessons using the Tuition Plan or non-weekly lessons using the Ticket Plan.
The 2018 - 2019 Private Study program is September 10, 2018 - June 14, 2019.
- Tuition Plan: The monthly cost for weekly lessons is $124 for 30 minute lessons, $176 for 45 minute lessons, or $236 for 60 minute lessons.
- Ticket Plan: The cost per lesson is $35 for 30 minutes, $50 for 45 minutes, and $66 for 60 minutes.
Registration Fee: An annual registration fee of $25 per account is assessed each September. The income generated by the fee supports student services that are complementary to, but not a part of, the core instructional program. Services include opportunities for extended learning through workshops, play-ins, recitals, field trips, etc. with no additional charge to the student. These services are in support of creating a supportive and enriched learning environment.